Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday and the documents are on the way...

I woke up this morning at about 4:30 AM and tried to call Nora a couple of times and then sent her a instant message letting her know that I was trying to call her. A few moments later I got a call from her and we chatted for a little bit. I told her I would take care of everything that she needed me to do here and send it off to her today. After we hung up, I attempted to go back to sleep but could not so ended up getting up earlier than I wanted to. I went to coffee at 6 AM Del came in about 6:45 AM and I approached him about going with me to take a couple of pictures of me in various places to satisfy the requirements of the Embassy interviewer. I then went to Walmart and had the pictures printed out, a total of 6 8 x 10 pictures. I then went to the UPS store and had copies made of the utilities bills that I would be sending to Nora. Then I asked him how much it would be to send the package of bills and photos to the Philippines, altogether it cost me $65 at the UPS store and $15 at Walmart. The good thing about this is that she will receive the package by Saturday which should make are quite happy. I then came home and decided to see if I could set up my HP printer. I got it set up as a wireless printer and was able to print from my computer to it and now I’m trying to figure out how to make it scan. I haven’t quite got that one figured out yet. I did go to the HP site and set it up as an E printer which allows me to send anything to the printer’s e-mail address and then it will be printed as long as the prayer is online and my wireless network is online. I will call heritage property management today and also Barbara Allee and see about listing moms house either for rent or lease. I will probably contract with AAA cleaners to have them re-stretched the carpeting and professionally clean it. Chatting with Nora, sent her an email of the photos that I sent to her today using UPS. Nora went to Marilao to get the NBI clearance using her former married name as per the request of the consular at the US Embassy, but was told that it would take 30 days to get it because the NBI computers had been down for a month… She told me that she has a relative that works for NBI in Manila and that he said he might be able to get her the clearance in about 8 days so she and Uncle will go to Manila NBI tomorrow to talk to him. I went down to have dinner and decided to stop at Taco Bell, I had their double cheese Gordita and it also had a soft taco and a beef burrito. That along with the 20 ounce drink was under $6. Not bad, but I cannot afford to do things like that all the time. The rest of the evening was spent basically watching a little TV and relaxing, I told nor I was in a go to bed and that I would not be calling her before she went to sleep.

No comments: