Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, Myron has tickets and shrubs may get trimmed...

Well good morning to everyone! It is a grand day, let me start this entry by telling you that my wife went to the NBI office in Manila yesterday morning accompanied by her uncle. She was able to contact a relative who works at the NBI and happens to be an officer. I won’t bore you with all The steps that she had to go through but, suffice it to say, by 2 PM she had her clearance in hand and was on the way back home. Had she not had a relative working there, it would’ve taken 30 days or more to get this clearance. So when she called me at about 8 AM this morning, although she had up splitting headache she was very happy and so was I. It is a nice day out today. I went to coffee at about 7:30 AM this morning and Myron came in and was telling me that he had problems getting his ticket to go back to China. I offered to help him and so he came over to the house and I was able to go online and buy him a one-way ticket to Hong Kong for just a hair over $700. Not a bad buy. He is going to have a friend of his, named James, come over and look at the shrubs in front of mom’s house and tell me how much you will charge to cut them back and shape them so they are more presentable. I decided on a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast which is easy to cook in the microwave a minute and 30 seconds and it’s done to perfection a little dusting of brown sugar and a little dash of milk and I was good to go. Right now I am enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. I have no particular plans for today, I am thinking that early this afternoon a nap may be in order. I will continue today’s Journal if anything happens of interest outside of the laundry that I am currently doing. Take care, and enjoy the day. I just emailed some photos of Joyce’s room to her, I hope she enjoys them as much as Kenneth enjoyed seeing his. I just called Barb Alley’s company, I want to talk to her about managing the rental/lease of Mom’s home. Barbara is guy come out and look at mom’s house on Tuesday at about 10 AM. I went over to visit with Wayne and Maria, and stayed there for about an hour and a half and then I came home. One load of laundry in the dryer and the last load is washing now. The guy from Comcast cable was out and buried a new cable from the street to the house. That should take care of the signal loss that the other technician noted. I moved the loveseat out into the garage, and put the organ back where it originally was… house looks more normal now. Clothes are all clean and put away for now… another week done I guess. I just checked the deliver time for the documents I sent to Nora and it is now: Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Monday, 08/08/2011, By End of Day Last Location: Manila, Philippines, Friday, 08/05/2011 That is OK, but I would like to have had it delivered on Saturday as they said… but Monday is still good.

No comments: