Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, August 8, 2011

A dreary Monday morning... Shrub butchery time today !!

Today is Monday, I woke up at 5 AM and called Nora shortly thereafter. She was wondering why a woke up so early and I really didn’t have a good answer for her. We chatted for a little bit and she asked me to see if I could remember how long it took from the time we sent the documents for the children to the embassy and the time the embassy notified us that they had approved the visas. I will research that today. It’s cloudy this morning and a little on the brisk side, the dew is quite heavy and leaves a missed on your window. I just took the hose down to mom’s house and watered down the area around the shrubs in the front so that Myron will be able to pull the weeds easier. He plans to arrive about 9:30 AM. He’s bringing his gas trimmer and I guess I will use it to trim the tops of the shrubs and once I get it down to a manageable level he will take over from that point. I am going to trim them down to the bottom of the bedroom windows and the hedge, I am not sure about. I think that today I am going to take to cover off of the Harley and see how difficult it will be to remove the gas tank and empty the old fuel. That I think maybe later today I will go to Earls and see how much your battery will cost for the Harley. I would like to get it started. But most important I need to get the old gas out of it. Myron came about 9:35am and I went down and trimmed the top and end of the evergreen hedge, he was then going to trim the shrubs next to the house, pull the weeds and put down bark mulch… it will look much better then. I got up in the bed of Myron’s pu and trimmed the top of the hedge and the end facing the street. I then came home and did some stuff then after awhile I went back down and took my blower and cleaned up the garage and the driveway so now it looks really nice. I also turned over the sign that said ‘Tillie and Cecil’. Just blank white now. A little after 6pm, I went to Mega Foods and bought bread and soup and cheetos… 2 loaves of bread, 8 cans of soup and 1 bag of cheetos and 2 boxes of corn flakes… $26. Well, when Nora finally gets here I am sure my eating habits and shopping habits will change… for the better !!!

No comments: