Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011 7:56 AM Today is Thursday I need to go to the renters…

Nora told me a white lie this morning, we were lying there in bed and she told me it was 9 AM we had to get up so we got up and I got dressed and had coffee and I just look at the clock and it just only now 7:58 AM. She will pay for that tonight (heh,heh,heh).

She told me that her and the children want to go downtown and look around today, which is fine but I need to be at the renter’s house at 2 PM to look at the countertop and also the light switch that controls the garage lights.

It is foggy outside and only 3°C. It will be a while before it warms up.

We headed downtown about 10:20 this morning, I went to the bank and got cash, gave each kid $10 and Nora $20 and told them to have fun, I then went to a little bakery/coffee shop and had some coffee and a carmel roll. After about an hour, I tracked them down, they could not find anything that they wanted.

We then stopped at Mega Mart on the way home to pick up some stuff for the Mac and cheese I will make tomorrow and also some stuff for a fruit salad (at least that is what Nora calls it) and back home… the fruit salad is literally swimming in Nestles cream and whipped creme and is not at all appealing… the fruit salad that we typically make here in the States is much different than what they make there in the Philippines. I prefer ours by a stretch.

I and Kenneth (he chopped the hot pepper) threw together tonight’s meatloaf, has good ingredients to include a Jimmy Dean sausage loaf buried in the middle of it. It will cook for about 1.45 minutes I think and then I will test the temp with the thermometer.

I went to the Renters house, a very nice couple, found the light in the garage is just a loose plug not the switch, looked at the counter top and will get some sealer Monday at Economy or maybe tomorrow and seal a little stretch of it. They think there is too much draft in the house so I told them do the smudge pot thing with a candle and locate the drafty areas then we will attempt to eliminate them. They are anxious at least she is anxious to try the fireplace… it will be cleaned next week.

We just finished dinner, the internal temp of the pork roll in the middle of the meatloaf really didn’t seem to get as hot as I would have liked… The meatloaf was good but I am anal about pork and chicken. Next time I will either reduce the size of the pork hot dog or I will make the meatloaf the way I used to by incorporating the pork entirely with the ground beef. Generated a lot of fat also… That, I could easily do without...

No comments: