Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011 6:14 AM Nora's first work day here in the States...

Woke up about 5:25am, went to the bathroom then back to bed, the alarm went off at 5:55 and we both got up, Nora started the coffee and after it was done, I poured it and cleaned the pot.

I told her to take her purse today, I am assuming the kitchen has some place for employee’s personal stuff like that.

I will go to McDonald's for coffee after I drop her off then at 8am I will call Dr. Thayers office to see if I can get in to have this boil taken care of.

I dropped Nora off at the High School about 6:50am. The last time I saw her, she was smiling at me and wearing a red apron… I hope she likes this position.

I just called Dr. Thayer’s office and made an appointment for 2pm today to have this boil on the back of my neck attended to.
Checked on the Vonage bill, it seems pretty accurate and you cannot beat only .09 cents a minute for calling to the Philippines.
In a few moments, I will go to pick up my lovely wife from the High School.

Del stopped by, wanted some information on the 4 wire brake controller that is on his pickup, he bought a 17’ fifth wheel trailer in washington and will be going after it probably on Wednesday.
Nora liked her first days work, said that it was way easy.

We left here about 1:10pm to go to Dr. Thayer’s office, we got in quickly and after a cursory investigation, the good Doc declared the volcano residing on my neck to be NOT a boil, but rather an infected or dysfunctional gland.  

He tried to urge it to a head with gentle pressure but ended up telling me that he needed to surgically exhume the little bugger.  We then went to the end of the hall to a room that would allow for minor surgical procedures and the nurse laid out the torture tools.

Dr. came in and injected me (by far the most painful part of the ordeal) and then proceeded to pare, puncture, cajole and otherwise extract a mess of stuff about the size of a 10 yr old boy’s marble… he packed the cavern that had housed the varmit with about 2” of packing rope and then covered the incision with gauze and a bandaid all the while telling Nora that in 24hrs she would need to pull out about a quarter inch of the packing and then re bandage the area after applying a little triple antibiotic creme.  it will take a week to get all the rope out I think…

He also said that showers are ok as long as I don’t stand with my neck under the spray constantly.

We then stopped at the Franz bakery and bought $22 of bread then off to Staples to buy some of the pens that I like that I got from Gareth.

No comments: